The Magical steps of me making a Lets Play
Ever wonder what goes in into the making of my lets plays? Well it has gotten quite ridiculous, so ridiculous I want to share all the main steps from the start to the finish. (note: while I’m writing this I am on the step 7, and it’s the third time I’m on this step today, having to go back to step 6)
1. Record footage (game’s video+audio) with fraps.
2. At the same time, record my voice with Audacity.
3. Compress my fraps footage (recently added, so I would avoid blackouts in the video after rendering).
4. Remove noise(not voice) from my voice audio.
5. Edit the video, synchronize voice with games footage.
6. Render the video.
7. Fully watch the video.
8. Convert the video from .mp4 to .flv (flash video) format.
9. Skip through the .flv video.
10. Upload the video to blip.tv .
11. Create a Thumbnail for the video (and also upload it to blip.tv).
12. Fully watch the video through blip.tv (for any error/cut out that might have occurred during the upload process, or the processing process).
13. Post the video on my website, later on tgwtg.com blogs.
14. Go back to step 5, add the “watermark” (so that QuizGroupMovies don’t claim it as theirs production and put their ads on it) but now render the video in two parts (sometimes more), so it will fit youtube’s 15min restriction on a single video.
15. Fully watch those videos.
16. Upload the videos.
17. Add videos to my Youtube playlist, make some other minor adjustments (like changing the thumbnail, adding links to my website as alternative links to the video etc.).
18. Post Youtube videos on Blistered Thumbs blogs.
19. Aaaaaaand DONE! (void if found an error somewhere). Now you can be lazy for a while, or move on to the next video.
I hope you like my list of steps xD. At the end I still love doing it, so it’s worth it, I’m not planing on stopping.
Also, don’t let this discourage you from making Lets Plays, it’s just how I need to do it, some will need less steps.